I offer a flexible and caring approach to each individual and their unique needs. My philosophy is to utilise the valuable contributions made by the various schools of counselling rather than be limited by one approach. This method helps clients find their own answers, guiding them through challenging times, to help them with new pathways, solutions and strategies where necessary so to enable them to move forward .
I believe therapy as a treatment for emotional and psychological issues provides a reflective space to think about both yourself and your life, past, present and future and leads the way to help you move forward in your life. It gives you the opportunity to reach for a satisfying and fulfilling life by understanding yourself. The initial session helps establish whether to work for an agreed time period or an open ended basis.
Initially training as a nurse, then retraining as a counsellor I have been practicing since 1990, in my own private practice, NHS organisations and also within business and work environments and have been involved in training programmes for Counsellors since 2010.
I have experience of working both with individuals and groups, in person and over Skype. I have experience of working with the whole spectrum of clients from teenage to late adulthood, tailoring my methods dependent on your needs for you to get the most out of therapy.
Training and Qualifications
- MSc in Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Senior BACP Accredited in both Counselling & Psycotherapy and Supervision
- ABC Acredited for Supervision
- Harnessing Hope and Reducing Relapse: Engaging Clients in Cognitive Therapy for Depression
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM)
- Advanced Therapeutic use of Mindfulness – Professional training by the British Mindfulness Institute
- Mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR)
- Diploma in Person Centred Counselling
- Loss and Bereavement Counselling (CRUSE)
- Dover Counselling Centre Trained in Critical Incidents
- Diploma in Supervision for Individuals and Groups
- Trained in work place conflict and accredited as a mediator in the work place
- Registered General Nurse
- I adhere to the ethical guidelines of the BACP